Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Madelyn Grace is here!!


Well, she is finally here!! Madelyn Grace Coleman arrived at 11:36 this morning and weighed 7lbs 8oz 21 1/2 in long! Quinn was admitted last night at 8:00 and they gave her cervidil and this morning at 5:00 they gave her pitocin. I called at 7:30 this morning and she was dilated 2 cm, and I could hear her screaming in pain in the background, it upset me so bad to hear my sister like that! I called 30 minutes later when I was on my way and she had dilated to 4 cm. When I got there she had already dilated to 7 cm! They gave Quinn an epidural, but it didn't work! So, they had to give her another one! Quinn was in natural labor until 7 cm, that's when her epidural finally kicked in! Over an hour later, she had dilated to 10 cm! Although, it went pretty fast, she still had not had any sleep from the night before! She pushed for an hour and 16 minutes!! When we finally got to see them, as soon as I saw Quinn we both started crying! It was so emotional! Then, I looked at Brad and he was pretty emotional too! Becoming parents is the most overwhelming and wonderful experience! We are so glad that everything went good and are so happy to finally meet our sweet little Maddie! We love her so much!!

5 comments:

Stanley Family said...

She is beautiful! I know y'all are all so proud!

The Spencer Family said...

God love her, I know she was in some pain, I didn't get mine until 6cm. That was my biggest fear, it not taking!! She is beautiful & long!! Tell Brad & Quinn we said Congrats.

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

congrats to you all!! she is beautiful. i hope quinn is getting some rest now, but i know it was all worth it once she met her baby girl for the first time!

Jenny, Stevie and Sophie said...

She is beautiful...Make sure and tell Quinn to enjoy this time with her...

Melissa Irvin said...

She is a doll! And poor Quinn! My epidural NEVER worked. They told me that if they gave me anymore, then it'd stop labor, but I'm glad hers finally took! I know MiMi is so very proud of her grandbabies!