Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dylan's bite mark




These are some pics I took Tuesday of Dylan's bite mark he got at daycare. Considering my son is a shark it's kinda hard to feel sorry for him! Dylan bit a kid next to him and the kid on the other side of Dylan bit him on the face. The kid that bit Dylan on the cheek was actually taking up for the kid Dylan bit. If a child aggravates Dylan he will bite them. I know that he is taking up for himself, but there are lots of other kids that get aggravated and they don't bite. Sometimes he will go 2 or 3 weeks without biting, but then there are those times where he will bite 2 times a day every other day for a week. I have tried everything to keep him from biting and nothing is working. And yes, I have bit him back...hard...that doesn't work! Vinegar, mustard, cocoa & soap doesn't work either. He actually hated vinegar at first but I used it on him so much that he likes it now! The same goes for mustard! One time I even had to leave work and go up there while it was still fresh on his mind to get onto him and that didn't work! I have even tried keeping him inside at night b/c playing outside is his favorite thing to do! Everybody tells me it's a "phase", but this "phase" has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would! Please pray that my son doesn't get kicked out of daycare b/c he is on the verge!! Any other advice would be very much appreciated!

2 comments:

Melissa Irvin said...

Oh no! Bless his heart! Did they actually tell you that he is on the verge of getting kicked out?! That's kinda insane! It's not like you're not doing anything! I hope it gets better soon! I'm sorry!

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

i know how you feel!

knock on wood, but after austin bit jax i guess i put the fear of GOD in him bc he has not even opened his mouth to bite. he got daddy's you know what on his butt and then i bit him back HARD. it broke my heart, but i had to do something. the only other thing i have heard of is making them bite soap. you should search the web for some ideas. i will pray he does not get kicked out, i am sure they have had to deal with something like this before.