Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The most precious gift


So, this might not look like much, but it made me cry! This is what Dylan made for his Daddy at daycare and it is so special! I painted the frame and added the ribbon, but daycare put Dylan's footprints on it and framed it! This is what is reads:

"Walk a little slower Daddy" said a child so small, "I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see,
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be,
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true,
So walk a little slower Daddy,
For I must follow you"

I cried again typing it! It really puts being a parent into perspective! This gift meant more to Jeremy than anything! This is for all the Daddy's out there, Happy Father's Day!

1 comments:

Melissa Irvin said...

AWE! That gave me chills! I'll have to put that somewhere so we can use it sometime! That is so sweet and special!