Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Update as of Christmas Eve

We got to the hospital around 6:45 this morning and got to see Nonnie before she went back for her procedure. It just broke my heart to see her like that. We all just gathered around her and talked to her although she wasn't coherent. They found an absess and took her back for surgery to drain it. Once they got in they drained 1/2 gallon of puss from the absess. Some of it drained into her chest cavity and they told us to be nervous for the next couple of days. We are all praying that it doesn't get into her blood stream. They had to put a trachea in and they had to cut a large spot on the right side of her neck. She will be in CICU for at least 4 more days and if everything goes well then she may get into a regular room after that. I wanted to tell you the what happened last night. I was on the computer chatting with my sister-in-law and she is a RN studying to be a nurse practitioner so she knows the severity of this. I guess I just didn't realize just how serious this really was and it all hit me last night as we are chatting on FB. Jeremy & his cousin had gone to see Nonnie and Dylan & I stayed at home. I just broke down and could not hold it in and Dylan sat in my lap and said, "R U sad Mommy?" and I just looked at that precious little face and said, "Yes baby, Mommy's sad" and he said, "Why Mama?" I said "Because Nonnie is sick baby" and he said "But why Mama?" and I said "Because she has an infection". He just hugged me and put his head on my shoulder and patted me on the back and said, "It gonna be ok Mommy". It was the sweetest moment and I will always remember it. My 2 1/2 year old was comforting me, how sweet is that? Then, when his Daddy got home he walked up to him and said, "Daddy, Mommy is sad cuz Nonnie is sick and she cry". I just had to share that story. Kids have such sweet, innocent souls. I thank God for my angel everyday. There were so many people there for us today. Thank you for all your prayers. I will keep everyone posted.

3 comments:

The Coleman Family said...

We are all praying for her!! My precious DD is sooo sweet!! Linda and I got teared up when I read it!! Such a sweet boy!! We love ya'll so much!!

Melissa Irvin said...

I have been thinking about ya'll all day today! If you need anything, let me know! I know you have several people who are willing and available to watch Dylan, but I'm always here and he and Mason would have a blast! He is such a sweetheart! He loves his mommy so much! Love ya!

Christie Mitchell said...

That is the sweetest thing ever. I can see him doing it. That made me wanna cry. She is going to be o.k. she has so many people praying for her!! She is a tough woman too. I know this Christmas will not be the same without her home. I still want you to have a blessed Christmas and know that many prayers are still being sent your way. Thank you for my pic comment too, those girls are so funny!! It is hard to get pics these days!! Well, we are going to get ready for Santa. Good Night!!