Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

More recipes!!

**Ok, so I thought I would pass along some more of my favorite recipes!! Since it's getting colder we cook this quite a bit!

Minestrone Soup

2 cans of Progresso Minestrone soup
1 can tomato soup
1 can rotel (I use mild but use hot to spice it up)
1 can beans (I use dark red kidney but any kind will work)
1 lb cooked hamburger meat

*Directions: Combine all ingredients and heat up on stove top.

Mexican Cornbread

2 c self rising corn meal
1 c buttermilk
1 can cream corn
1/2 bellpepper (chopped)
1 c grated cheese
1/2 onion (chopped)
3 eggs
1/4 c oil

*Directions: Use large iron skillet. Put oil in skillet on stove top and get hot. Mix all other ingredients. Once oil is hot, pour ingredients in skillet. Cook @ 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.


**This is one of my all time favorites too! It's great for get togethers or just for a snack!

Corn dip

3 cans mexicorn
1 small can chopped green chiles
1/3 can small chopped black olives (optional)
1 8oz cream cheese
3/4 c mayo
1 pack shredded cheddar cheese (2 1/2 cup)
1 pack shredded mozzarella cheese (2 1/2 cups)
1/3 chopped jalapeno peppers (kind in jar)

*Directions: Mix all ingredients together. Place in 13x9 dish (spray with nonstick spray). Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips (we serve with scoops). I promise it will be your new favorite dip! It is so good!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Christie Mitchell said...

Yummy, I wish I liked to cook LOL!! Thank you for my comment!! We had fun and those girls are something else. Hope you have a great day :)

Melissa Irvin said...

Thanks for my comments! Derek did not want to match this year for our pictures, but since it's only once a year, he did! As you can tell from the joy on his face, he enjoyed it! LOL And Mason's house shoes are the cutest! I got them at Target, best store!
Thanks for sharing more recipes too!

Christie Mitchell said...

Heck yeah!! Oh, I have never brought myself to eat those fried mushrooms, I can't. I have heard they are good though lol.

Melissa Irvin said...

OMG, I've eaten so many No Bake cookies it's unreal! I'm gonna have to join Mason everyday while he's running circles around the house to try to undo the damage! LOL
And my mommy & me group went to Painted By U a couple weeks ago. We were in and out within like 45 mins, if even! So much better than last year! You & Quinn should go and make ornaments and something for you mom!!